2nd ANNUAL CORPORATE LEGAL COUNSEL SUMMIT 2019
India is transforming in terms of amelioration in the legal and regulatory space. This has brought about new opportunities certainly leading to the opening of new business opportunities in many sectors and industries. With the growing opportunities the role of legal counsel in the Indian corporate sector has witnessed a drastic change in the last twenty years. As corporate legal counsels are being vested with a weighty tome of responsibilities, they have the opportunity of becoming indispensable and in the current climate.
In the current economic and volatile business environment laws and regulatory compliances becoming more complex, companies face various risks and challenges and the scope of responsibilities for a legal counsel has expanded beyond legal administrative tasks to include risk management, regulatory compliance, cost control, and other major areas that impact the success of an organization. The view of in-house legal departments, from the perspective of the rest of the corporation and top management, has evolved over the past several decades from risk spotter to strategic partner. The key to deal with the ever-growing responsibilities and new challenges for modern corporate legal counsel is being aware of the risks, being responsive to such risks on a timely basis, and being agile.
In the light of this, 2nd Annual Corporate Legal Counsel Summit 2019 will focus on addressing the ever-evolving challenges of in-house legal counsels like change management, innovation and modern technology, managing legal and reputational risk and learn how to adequately fit the requirements of our modern age and remain one step ahead of progress while adding and demonstrating value to meet changing expectations and respond to mounting demands and emerging responsibilities experienced.
Group General Counsel
Eros International Plc & Eros Now
Head Legal - Jio Financial Services
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd.
Vice President- Legal & Secretarial
ISS Facility Services India Pvt. Ltd.
Company Secretary & Corporate General Counsel
Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
Head – Legal & CS
Transrail Lighting Ltd.
General Counsel, Compliance officer & CS- India & South Asia
Schindler India Pvt. Ltd.
Ayan Roy Chowdhury
Vice – President Legal
SAREGAMA India Ltd.
Head - Platform Management Services
The Tata Power Company Ltd.
VP Legal & GC
Chief Legal Officer
Kaizad Adi Hazari
President & Global Head - Legal & Corp. Affairs
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Country Head of Legal, Commercial & Technology, India
Barclays Global Technology Centre
Managing Director, Head of India Legal and Compliance
General Counsel South Asia
Wipro GE Healthcare Ltd.
Director Legal & General Counsel India
Senvion Wind Technology Pvt. Ltd.
Sr. Legal & Compliance Director
Director & Senior Counsel, Regulatory Affairs Asia Pacific
Ranjana Roy Gawai
Founder & Managing Partner
RRG & Associates
SVP- Legal & Compliance
Shriram City Union Finance Ltd.
Company Secretary & Director
Roche Products (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Lead Counsel, Group Corporate Legal & Overseas Litigation
Senior Joint Company Secretary
Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
Wolters Kluwer ELM Solutions
SVP – Legal
Raheja Universal Pvt. Ltd
Head – Company Secretary & Legal
Vikram Solar Ltd.
CK Birla Hospitals
Dr. Vivek Mittal
Regional Counsel, METAI Region, Diagnostics Platform
SVP & General Counsel
UFO Moviez India Ltd.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- India emerging as the International arbitration hub
- Legal -tech to transform the legal industry- Looking into the future with AI and data analytics
- Deep dive into the Personal Data Protection Bill - India's own data privacy framework
- Decoding the Insolvency & Bankruptcy code with the experts
- The new e-commerce rule and its impact on businesses operating in India
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Understand the challenges & opportunities for corporate legal counsel in a today's business environment and legal risk associated with it.
- Map out the latest emerging strategies to deal with the ever-evolving responsibilities and increased complexity and volume of regulations
- Gain in-depth guidance on complex international compliance requirements
- Discuss the latest technology and innovation and how it is transforming the legal landscape
- Learn the importance of maintaining the balance between business and legal compliance
- Connect with the industry experts and learn about their experiences
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- General Counsel
- Legal Counsel
- In-house Counsel
- Head of Legal & Compliance
- Company Secretary
- Head of Regulatory & Government Affairs