2ndANNUAL CORPORATE LEGAL COUNSEL SUMMIT 2019
India is transforming in terms of amelioration in the legal and regulatory space. This has brought about new opportunities certainly leading to the opening of new business opportunities in many sectors and industries. With the growing opportunities the role of legal counsel in the Indian corporate sector has witnessed a drastic change in the last twenty years. As corporate legal counsels are being vested with a weighty tome of responsibilities, they have the opportunity of becoming indispensable and in the current climate.
In the current economic and volatile business environment laws and regulatory compliances becoming more complex, companies face various risks and challenges and the scope of responsibilities for a legal counsel has expanded beyond legal administrative tasks to include risk management, regulatory compliance, cost control, and other major areas that impact the success of an organization. The view of in-house legal departments, from the perspective of the rest of the corporation and top management, has evolved over the past several decades from risk spotter to strategic partner. The key to deal with the ever-growing responsibilities and new challenges for modern corporate legal counsel is being aware of the risks, being responsive to such risks on a timely basis, and being agile.
In the light of this, 2nd Annual Corporate Legal Counsel Summit 2019 will focus on addressing the ever-evolving challenges of in-house legal counsels like change management, innovation and modern technology, managing legal and reputational risk and learn how to adequately fit the requirements of our modern age and remain one step ahead of progress while adding and demonstrating value to meet changing expectations and respond to mounting demands and emerging responsibilities experienced.
Head Legal - Jio Financial Services
Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd.
Company Secretary & Corporate General Counsel
Sterlite Technologies Ltd.
Senior Vice President & Head-Legal
Kotak Mahindra Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
VP Legal & GC
Diwakar Singh Pundir
Head Legal – IP
Chief Legal Officer
Senior Corporate Counsel - India and South Asia
Juniper Networks India Pvt. Ltd.
Country Head of Legal, Commercial & Technology, India
Barclays Global Technology Centre
Kaizad Adi Hazari
President & Global Head - Legal & Corp. Affairs
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
L Rabindra Purohit
Head Legal, CS & Compliance
Nivea India Pvt. Ltd.
Managing Director, Head of India Legal and Compliance
General Counsel South Asia
Wipro GE Healthcare Ltd.
Head – Legal, India & South East Asia
ICICI Bank Ltd.
Director Legal & General Counsel India
Senvion Wind Technology Private Ltd.
Sr. Legal & Compliance Director
General Counsel & Company Secretary
Pidilite Industries Ltd.
EVP & CLO
Oberoi Realty Ltd.
Director & Senior Counsel, Regulatory Affairs Asia Pacific
Country Group Head – Law, Patents & Compliance (South Asia)
Bayer Group of Companies
Dr. Sanjeev Gemawat
Executive Director – Legal & Group Company Secretary
Dalmia Bharat Group
Senior Joint Company Secretary
Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
CK Birla Hospitals
National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (NSE)
President-Corporate & Group General Counsel
Dr. Vivek Mittal
Regional Counsel, METAI region, Diagnostics platform
SVP & General Counsel
UFO Moviez India Ltd.
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- India emerging as the International arbitration hub
- Legal -tech to transform the legal industry- Looking into the future with AI and data analytics
- Deep dive into the Personal Data Protection Bill - India's own data privacy framework
- Decoding the Insolvency & Bankruptcy code with the experts
- The new e-commerce rule and its impact on businesses operating in India
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- Understand the challenges & opportunities for corporate legal counsel in a today's business environment and legal risk associated with it.
- Map out the latest emerging strategies to deal with the ever-evolving responsibilities and increased complexity and volume of regulations
- Gain in-depth guidance on complex international compliance requirements
- Discuss the latest technology and innovation and how it is transforming the legal landscape
- Learn the importance of maintaining the balance between business and legal compliance
- Connect with the industry experts and learn about their experiences
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- General Counsel
- Legal Counsel
- In-house Counsel
- Head of Legal & Compliance
- Company Secretary
- Head of Regulatory & Government Affairs